Teach For America (TFA) has a mission to enlist, develop, and mobilize as many as possible of our nation’s most promising future leaders to grow and strengthen the movement for educational equity and excellence. TFA created the Rural School Leadership Academy (RSLA) in 2013 to support alumni on the pathway to school leadership positions in the rural regions in which they serve.
Through close communication and collaboration with the Managing Director of Alumni School Leadership, the following areas of need were identified to help support the 2015 RSLA cohort:
- Data Driven Leadership – knowledge and skills to successfully implement data driven instruction with their grade level, content, or leadership teams
- Student Culture – knowledge and skills to successfully implement school-wide behavior support system and classroom/school-wide systems with their grade level, content, or leadership teams
- Professional Development created with the Managing Director of Alumni School Leadership centered around the planning and implementation of data driven instruction
- Professional Development created with the Managing Director of Alumni School Leadership centered around the planning and implementation of the following two student culture systems:
- School-wide behavior support system
- Classroom / school-wide systems
- Participants in the TFA RSLA cohort learned how to plan and implement high quality assessments and run effective data analysis meetings via best practice templates and role play sessions.
- Participants learned the steps from creating a big picture vision of their ideal school to learning how to plan and implement a school-wide behavior support system.
- Participants began the process of scripting and implementing procedures for their classroom/ school-wide systems.
- Click here for survey results!